Sunday, October 01, 2006

I am in the taxi-driver phase of motherhood. Sometimes I have to hire extra drivers. This past weekend has been the first weekend of the play. My daughters and the carriage I built all performed beautifully. So we were doing lots of theater things this weekend, plus a lacrosse game thrown in for good measure.

Plus, today my baby turned 9. Nine years ago today I almost died, but that's another story. All is well now. Gifts received were roler blades, Heelies, Barbies, make-up, and Cheetah Girls Concert Tickets. Her piercing shriek upon opening those reminds me that I want to take earplugs to that concert.

The hecticness combined with this blasted lingering cold has lead to less exercise, fast food, and comfort food. Tomorrow doesn't bode much better as I am hosting a dozen 3rd graders at the roller rink for a birthday party. Ice cream cake from Cold Stone.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Post a photo of the carriage so we can see your handywork! I'd love to see it. The weekend sounded very fun. Too bad you're still feeling badly with the cold and facing the realization about your baby being 9. I did that in August when J turned 11. And now that E is old enough and mature enough to go out on group dates I feel sick? a little inside. Ugh..
And don't forget, it's the time of year to put on a bit of padding to hibernate on...At least that's what MY body is telling me....

AM Kingsfield said...

You're a dear!