Saturday, October 07, 2006

Do you have a friend who dresses like you? I know that we tend to be friends with people who are similar, so there are bound to be similarities in style among a group of friends. For example, lots of my friends wear Birkenstocks or similar sandals. Lots of my youngest daughter's friends have clothes with some amount of pink camouflage.

But I have one friend who almost always is wearing the same thing as me without planning it. For example, one day she sent me a funny e-mail where you answer a few questions and come up with a funny sentence like, “I danced with a pickle because I'm cool like that.” I could tell from her choices that she was wearing a white shirt when she sent me that. So was I. So for the school meeting we were both attending that night, I changed into a warmer, brown shirt. Guess what she had on? Yesterday I met her for a business lunch. Both of us had on black jeans, pale blouses, and black leather jackets. When we showed up at our sons' ball practice, we both had on jean capris and pink shirts. The only time we ever planned on wearing the same thing was for our Gold Shoe Girls Night. Now it's a joke that we dress alike.

What is up with that? Were we twins in a previous life?
I'm going to see her at my daughter's play today. I bet she's wearing jeans and a blue shirt.

No comments: