Thursday, October 12, 2006

I am in Times Square typing while my 13 year old daughter and my friend Anne sleep in. Surely they can hear my typing. Hopefully they won’t sleep too late. We’re in New York City! We have so much to see! So many places to shop!
Plus, it finally stopped raining.

We did hear, but only briefly about the plane crashing into a building not very far from where I am. I heard about it in four phone calls from Maryland, not from anyone here. Everyone here just went about their business. We saw it on one of the tv screens in Times Square.

Yesterday, Anne & my lovely daughter and I drove up to “the city” so Anne could get her semi-annual haircut at the Arrojo Studio in SoHo. For those of you who don’t know, the salon owner is Nick Arrojo who does the hair makeover portion of the show “What Not To Wear.” Nick’s a bit out of my price range at $400 a cut for new clients. Anne gets a better price, but it still ain’t cheap.

Anyway, my daughter is a big fan of the show. We had hoped to get an autograph and a picture, but weren’t sure how friendly and generous this particular celebrity would be.

Turns out he was charming, as was his staff. Anne pointed us out and he came over and shook our hands. We exchanged pleasantries and he joked with my daughter about her recently broken finger. He asked if we had a camera. My daughter is so excited about the potential bragging rights she has scored with her junior high girlfriends. Anne’s hair looks fantastic too.

We have had more fun I will tell you about, but right now the city is calling and we have to go. I have pictures!

CG

No comments: