Saturday, October 28, 2006


Pride is such a cool feeling.

I bought this reading lamp-table that needed assembly for my bedroom. I knew I could assemble it, but just hadn't gotten around to it. I offered my son $5 to put it together. So while I was out at the Cheetah Girl concert, he took me up on my offer. He was so proud of himself that he was adorable. I was happy to see his enthusiasm. He said he might have assembled it quicker if he had realized there were instructions. He just dumped it out and looked at the picture on the box. Now that's a metaphor, isn't it? Who wants to follow the directions?

Now we have a cozy bedtime story chair. I'm reading “The Secret Garden” with my youngest. What a great story, although like so many good stories, it begins with tragedy and hopelessness.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Hey, I see a future set builder!
You made me feel wonderful with your comments, and you are SO right! If we all just sit back and criticize nothing will ever happen. Thank you for reminding me who I am.

Unknown said...

Impressive, indeed. I wouldn't mind having some helpers like him around my house.