Sunday, October 08, 2006



Here is the lovely sparkling Cinderella carriage I made for the play - with help from my friends with power tools and carpentry skills. The big wheels you see don't actually turn, but the whole thing was on wheels to roll around the theater.

The whole play experience was great for my kids. By the last performance they were really quite good. I was very proud. Many parting tears of sorrow were shed at the cast party - although they will all see each other by next weekend.

Doesn't the step-mother in the carriage look wicked? Actually it's hard to look evil when you are that cute and having that much fun. And you would never know that the harmless bird in the carriage was capable of pecking out eyeballs.

I am looking forward to having a weekend without the play though. It was a very demanding schedule. I haven't even had time to try Greeny's new drink suggestion: Apple Smashed. It is definitely on my to-do list.

Plus I have my first assignment writing for a fee: A PR release, but more on that later.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is really fantastic! What a great job!
And I understand about the busi-ness a person can get covered up in, believe me. I would love to have 2 hours to myself with no worries, a carafe of coffee and a book. Not bloody likely, however.
Cheers to you for your writing deal!

Laura said...

Wow!! The carriage is beautiful!! What a wonderful job. I am sure your children did great in the play also.
I too, would love some "down" time to just sat and relax....maybe in my next life.
Congrats on your writing project. Hope that goes well for you.