Wednesday, September 27, 2006

What is it with people who stand still on escalators and moving sidewalks? Do they normally just stop walking? I can see if you are ill, but that never seems to be the case. Recently in the airport, I was anxiously exiting toward the garage to pick up my waiting vehicle and go home. I almost stepped onto the flat conveyor when I realized the healthy looking young man ahead of me was setting down his suitcase, blocking the passage. I swerved around and kept walking on the regular floor, passing him easily.

Same on the escalator today.

Am I too much in a hurry? Is no one else on a schedule?

If I had one super power, it would be apparition: the ability describe in Harry Potter to just transport yourself instantly to another location. I suppose if I had all my travel time back I'd just get more stressed by all the other things I was now trying to accomplish in the new found time. I do love a road trip with a friend.

I see the metaphor here of enjoying the journey more than the destination, but the standers get on my nerves sometimes.

No comments: