Saturday, September 09, 2006

My eight year old seems to "get" me the best of my three children. Either that or she's still too young to be embarrassed by me.

She and I were heading out for a quick grocery run. We were all out of our Easy Bake Oven mixes among other things. We were the only two making the trip and she suggested we crank up our current favorite song, "Soak Up the Sun." She likes the windows down and the music loud, just like me. My other two don't usually like all that wind and rhythm. She wanted to take advantage of their absence and I was delighted to indulge her (or was she indulging me?)

I'm always surprised at how well this little girl remembers lyrics. She's singing right along. My oldest cringes if I perform any step that might be construed as dancing. I may not be the world's greatest dancer, but I don't think I dance as badly as say, Elaine.

I'm edging out of the years where I'm raising cooperative, adoring children and edging into those trying teenage ones. I know these are phases and stages. So I will cherish little moments like these as they come by.

No comments: