Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I need to thank my friend Anne for turning me on to blogging back in February. I have had such a good time talking to you all. I look forward to much more. I am feeling optimistic about my writing career. It has taken me many fun places. You have helped to build my confidence.

Can I share some stats with you? I meant to point out my statcounter before it did this, but it just slipped right by 10,000 page loads without comment. Tonight will be my 196th post, so Monday morning you will likely be reading my 200th post. Cool, huh?

Since February of this year, my profile has been viewed 911 times. That's some exposure. Some of those who have joined the conversation are a modern combination of stranger and friend. I've never met them. Sometimes I don't even know their real names. But today I was buying mums and I thought, "Greeny would like this. She'd be proud of me." We've become friends. You've "met" my family and friends. Weird, in an Orwellian kind of way, but still friends.

I'm still seeing if I can make any money with this writing. Perhaps if I get my degree, if I pass that damn math portion of the GRE.

Thanks Anne! You haven't steered me wrong yet.

2 comments:

Anne said...

You're welcome! And thank you for getting me to blog, too. I was never good at journalling when asked too, but writing about everyday things helps me remember things better. I'm blessed to have you in my life.

Unknown said...

It is an interesting situation to have cyber-friends, indeed. And the variety of personalities is so cool, with compact but meaningful exchanges of themselves.
Congrats on your writing endeavors, for sure. It's nice to be included in a wonderful experiencce someone else is taking.
Thanks for sharing.
Happy Friday.