Tuesday, September 12, 2006

For my daughter's 13th birthday, her dad threw her a party at his house. He hired a couple of pretty, perky women to run a make-up demonstration and pedicure/manicure session. I got to help with the toenail decorating. It was fun.

When I arrived, the six 13 year old girls were soaking their feet. I joined the circle as the hostesses were distributing four lotions to smell in order to select which they wanted. The pastel creams had these names: Happiness, Harmony, Dreamy, and Romance. Happiness, I noticed was yellow. It smelled a bit too strong for me. I don't think I'm good with Happiness. The Harmony, in blue, was a boring scent. I liked the pink one and thought it might be nice to smell "Dreamy." When polled, every 13 year old selected the purple one: Romance. It was perfect. They are still young enough.

No comments: