Saturday, September 09, 2006

I have a new digital voice recorder to help me with my interview/essay business. I figured I better practice with it. I was reading the instruction manual and was looking at the “Care and Use” section. In an effort to be thorough, the instructions actually say
“Do no throw into fire.”

Boy am I glad I read that because I usually throw my electronics in fire when it gets full as a way of clearing the memory. I would have never known it didn’t work with this recorder.

Really? Did they have to explain that? Does that mean someone called in a complaint about a non-functioning unit and divulged that they had thrown it into a fire?

My daughter’s curling iron gave the sage advice to not use while sleeping. Did someone confuse the curling iron for the soft pink spongy ones?

My son said that one of his game cube games warned not to throw it in the toilet. I guess this is a common response to low scores.

How about the directions on the frozen pizzas: Remove from cardboard box. Remove plastic wrapper. Did someone really just put it in the oven with the box and wrapper on? How dumb are we?

What dumb directions have you encountered?

3 comments:

julie said...

Directions on government issued peanut butter for a pb&j. Spread pb on one slice of bread and then jelly on another slice and put the two slices together with the peanut butter and the jelly touching each other. You may eat as sandwich this way or use a knife to cut into two or more pieces.
Made me laugh.

Lolita's Momma said...

On Nytol Sleep Aid: "Warning: May cause drowsiness."

Anne said...

I bought a candy thermometer once to make fudge. On the back of the thermometer package was a recipe for fudge. I read it with interest since I was on a fudge kick at the time. The recipe instructed you to boil the syrup for a certain amount of time, NOT to a certain temperature using the thermometer.