Monday, September 04, 2006

I went to a great double concert yesterday at the Nissan Pavilion in Virginia. John Mayer played a bunch of tunes from his as yet unreleased CD. Even though he missed some of my favorites from his first album, (listen to me date myself; I mean CD.) he is an amazing guitarist. I enjoy his bluesy style. Apparently so did a lot of younger women who filled the pavilion.

The second act was Sheryl Crow. I found her downright inspirational. She is a few years older than I am and has persevered through many obstacles. And there she was dazzling all of us. She looks fantastic, and what energy! She makes being a rock star look like so much fun. I have two of her CDs but need to download a few of her tunes for my iPod. I enjoyed the one with the lyrics,
“If it makes you happy, it can't be that bad.
If it makes you happy, why the hell are you so sad?”
and
“Are you strong enough to be my man?”

How did you all pass the holiday weekend?

5 comments:

Laura said...

I passed it creating a project for one of my semester finals. It has been a long time since I have had to worry over finals. I did "cheat" a little Friday night to go see my son play drums in the marching band for his school. It was a Proud Mom moment for me!!
I love Sheryl Crow. I think she is inspirational also. She makes 40 something look fun and easy. I like the way she presents herself. She ROCKS!!

Unknown said...

OOO, I am jealous! A live concert is one of the best things in life! John Mayer gave(gives) me joy right after I was moving on from my second divorce. Without that live album, I might still be in deep depression!
And Sheryl IS fantastic. I've had her cd's for several years and just as a side note...she came from my county seat and yes, I remember seeing her in h.s. activities. Happy Tuesday.

AM Kingsfield said...

Wow Greeny, Cool. I agree that music has tremendous power to make me look up from a depression, fall in love, wallow, or dance.

& Sheepy, I do import from my CD's. Thanks. But now I'm into the iPod thing, I might just download my faves instead of buy the whole CD anymore.

Laura, it's never cheating to be a proud mom!

Mary Kate said...

Ann... I can't believe you saw John Mayer and Sheryl Crow... I've been on a John Mayer obsession recently and I'm so jealous of you right now!

AM Kingsfield said...

Mimi,
I thought of you at the concert since at least a quarter of the audience was college girls like you. I know they like Sheryl, but that's not who they came for. If he's ever in TX, go. You'll love it!
Ann