Thursday, June 08, 2006

When is the last time you had to pee in a jr. high bathroom? I guess it has been a while for me. But tonight I was at my son's baseball game where he played first & third bases fantastically and hit impressively too. My 8 year old daughter, of course, forgot to plan and was in a knee clenching paroxysm just after my son made a beautiful infield catch. So we had to hike around to the front of the school, rattling doors as we went, hoping to find one left open.

whew! We did.

So I decided to make the most of my time in there and use the other stall. I forgot about this, but for some reason schools don't use rolled tp. They have that stiff tissue that fan-folds like kleenex - only less soft. The dispenser in my stall was empty. I had to ask my daughter if she could "spare a square," a ritual that all women eventually experience that I bet few men ever have. I got the last three 5"x5" squares. Thank God it was only #1. (Sorry. Is that too gross?)

What is it about rolled tp? Too expensive? Too easy to overuse? Too much potential for mischief? No wonder some days my eldest waits all day.

By the way, any athletic ability my son may have does not pass down from my side of the family. I'm a great cheerleader - in an informal sense, not an athletic one. But here's something to amuse you. This coming Saturday I agreed to play in the parent-son end of season lacrosse game. Maybe I should practice. Hopefully I won't wreck my middle aged knees.

No comments: