Friday, June 02, 2006

Do you guys get e-mail badgering enough? You know the ones that I mean. They have been triple forwarded or worse. And then they tell you that if you love them you will send it back to them and forward it to at least ten friends or else bad luck will befall you.

I do send these back to my daughter because she feels underfed with e-mails. Sometimes they contain lovely sentiments or thought provoking information. Even so, I risk the bad luck and do not mass forward them. I risk the friendship of the person who sent them to me and do not send it back to them. So far, they are all still my friends. I don't think they are the ones adding those menacing forward lines.

I don’t understand why someone wants the e-mail to cruise through the internet exponentially. There is no financial gain that I can figure out. I don’t see how it would make anyone famous.

Then there are the jokes that have been circulating for years. Some of them I get repeatedly because all my friends think I’ll enjoy it. Like the Andy Rooney one about why women over 40 are better than younger women. Some of them are really raunchy, but funny. Those are usually the ones with the sentence tacked on the end requesting prayers for their son in Iraq.

Or how about when they drag Jesus into it? I got one recently that said if I loved Jesus I would forward it to everyone on my list. If I didn’t love Jesus I would just delete it. I don’t know. Do you think Jesus would forward emotional blackmailing e-mails? WWJF? What Would Jesus Forward?

1 comment:

Linda said...

You are so funny! WWJF! I love it!