Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Was everyone aware that today was the day of the beast 6-6-6? I saw a bumper sticker recently that read "667: Neighbor of the Beast"

I have a good friend in the Midwest who is a labor & delivery nurse. She told me this tale of what happened on the midnight shift in her hospital. Two teenage Goth-types were in for the induced delivery of their baby. Their son was delivered in the early hours of 6-6-06 and they named him Damien.

Without even trying, I know I have done some things that will likely require therapy for my children. I've already started saving up for it. So how can you go and do something so deliberately that will make life hard for your child like that? I hope that their son will grow up and do everything he can to rebel against his parents. Can you imagine what would make parents like that disappointed in their kid?

I'd say their story is a good argument for not having a baby when you are still a teenager, although there are plenty of older screw-ups having kids too. (like me for instance.) Is it scarier to have parents who think they know what they're doing or parents who are aware that they are just guessing?

I suppose I don't want to regulate too many parental choices because it could quickly become a Stepford baby kind of situation - especially if we let Dr. Dobson in on it. I guess if Dr. D could regulate babies, we could just sic Damien on them and maybe balance would be restored. It would probably cause the same kind of mayhem as Anakin caused though.

So do you think little Damien should go to public schools when he grows up? Can you imagine the parent teacher conference?

No comments: