Sunday, June 11, 2006

It's good to have sore muscles. It means you did something - played hard, worked hard. Hopefully the ache, that quiver or burn is a reminder of something you are glad you did. But even if sore muscles are an unpleasant reminder, at least you did something.

It would be safer to not play. It would be safer not to risk. But then you wouldn't have done anything.

Different parts of the body ache differently too: knees, glutes, arms, heart. I know the heart is a muscle because I've felt that afterburn. What about the brain? I think I've strained that before too.

Some injuries are more painful than others. Sometimes I even feel regret. Doesn't everyone? But I'd rather regret the chances I took than the chances I didn't take. I'd rather regret what I said than my silence.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Prov 25:11
"A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver."