Friday, June 16, 2006

Today I installed two window unit air conditioners upstairs. Ok, I did have a little help since I was afraid of dropping them out the widow, but it was much easier than I had anticipated. I tell you, it is easy for fear to impede you, isn’t it? I bought those two window units a month ago during a heat wave. I figured if I waited until the end of summer they’d be all sold out. I know I have central AC, but our upstairs is always so hot. There’s probably a better long range solution, but this seemed expedient and cheaper. I just followed the directions and it was easy. I even got to use my (OK, my son’s) power drill. It was a pleasant reminder of my Construction Girl days.

Now all I have to tackle is the leaking faucet in my bathroom. (By “all” I mean not including the windows, siding, deck, my closet & carpet & the basement carpet.) I went ahead and bought a whole new faucet since I’ve been thwarted by the stem replacement before. I picked a familiar brand. But I haven’t installed it. It sits on the floor of my bathroom mocking me. It’s just that I know this could easily turn into a three hour job – and, worst case scenario, I won’t have a sink in my bathroom until I can call a plumber to fix it. So I have been reluctant to start.

It’s kinda like my writing career. I’m afraid I won’t be able to pull it off. I don’t know how long it will take. I’ve decided to find a writing conference to attend this fall and maybe schmooze with some agents. Maybe I could pay someone to do the tough parts. I need to establish some connections. But for now I just blog every day. I do better at daily blogging than daily flossing. It’s good exercise and hopefully it will give me the confidence to take the next step.

No comments: