Saturday, May 20, 2006

What are your favorite beach books?
Last summer at the beach I was reading "Middlesex" by Jeffrey Euginides (I don't know if I've spelled that right.) That was a great book, but borderline too literary for the beach. I'm not taking any chances on serious reading this beach trip and I have Janet Evanovich's "One for the Money." So far it is fun and compelling with no deeper meaning lurking between the lines.

I checked this hotel gift shop for a paper or a Cosmo - required beach reading. They didn't have the magazine I wanted, so I bought an Esquire with Tom Hanks on the cover. There was an exciting little article on page 54. Apparently someone is selling a digital camera that has a "slimming" button. This feature moves the pixels in closer together, making you look 10 pounds lighter. Cool huh? I was thinking I need a new camera. There are a few folks here at Bike Week that would benefit from that feature.

1 comment:

julie said...

Our town is also full of bikers this weekend. We have the regional Harley rally here and we have heard bikes all weekend...you know, those Harleys are loud.