Saturday, May 13, 2006

I’m working on my karma today. I sat at my son’s lacrosse game and chit chatted with his step mom. I have instinctively avoided that situation and could have continued to do so. But it has been three years now and I’m tired of maintaining the, shall we say awkwardness. So I walked over and pulled up a chair and we discussed our opinions of “The DaVinci Code.” She’s kind to my children and they like her. In fact I think her presence has sometimes made it easier for my kids to go with their dad.

I suppose it would suck to be in her shoes, even if she picked them out for herself. My shoes are feeling quite fine. I don’t want to even borrow her shoes. I often like to go barefoot.

It must’ve been step parent day on the side lines today. I realized I’m not the only one facing these awkward situations. Life can be hard enough. I’m all for eliminating stress wherever possible; some are just harder to address head on than others.

So we wished each other a happy Mother’s Day and I’m sure we’ll see each other again.

So Happy Mother’s Day to all of you who are filling the role of mother to someone in some form. I hope you have fun with the kids this weekend.

1 comment:

julie said...

Proud of you.