Saturday, May 06, 2006

I am doing something big tomorrow that I am certainly not worthy of doing: I am preaching a sermon. Actually, I am delivering it at two different services.
I have written the sermon, a call for boldness, and rehearsed it. I have sent it to a few friends for editorial comment. I have researched the facts and verses I'm using. But here's the thing.
I'm totally not worthy to deliver it. I am not one to put myself into the role of a moral authority. I am amazed that I am being allowed to do this. I am far from a classic Church Girl. I'm honestly more of a Carnal Girl. Thank God my church doesn't go in for the traditional too hard. I can't help thinking though that if they knew me better, they wouldn't give me the microphone.
I am looking forward to it with a combination of excitement and dread. Among other things, I am saying that God can use our lives no matter how good we are at living them. He can use our deliberate efforts to behave in a way that honors Him, and he can use our screw ups too. Isn't that a relief? We don't have to be timid. If we are bold we give God more to work with. And if we screw it all up, that's OK too. Maybe that's not a bad message to come from a screw up like me.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Done good, Kiddo