Monday, May 08, 2006

Well, my Sunday sermon went fine apparently. No one walked out in a huff, no one laughed at my shaking knees, and there was no throwing of rotten vegetables. So overall I would classify it as a success. I have endeared myself to the little-old-lady crowd as well as the preacher who was happy to have the Sunday "off." A few of my new fans suggested I go into seminary. I graciously declined citing as a reason that I didn't want to be that committed to attending every Sunday. I would also have to go to a different church since this one already had a preacher. I decided not to mention occasional Sunday hangovers.

To celebrate, I rode with a friend on his Harley over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge for lunch on Kent Island. It was lovely and sunny - thrilling on a few levels. I wonder if that is a typical preacher way of letting off steam?

So today I am continuing my personal career evaluation: reading classifieds, filling out franchise research questionairres, looking on-line at course offerings. I always thought that at this age I would know what I wanted to be when I grew up. I guess life is just not as stable as it appeared when I was 18.

2 comments:

Mom said...

The glow you see is the pride I feel for you shining through my day. That was a great sermon! And I am not a bit prejudiced.
Why should you know what you want to be when you grow up? You're still a kid. I am not sure what I should do with myself either. There are still many forks in the road ahead of me. Where shall I go from here? I guess I'll just trust that God will make it clear when I need to know.

julie said...

I wish that I had been there. I would have been glowing with your mom.