Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Today the highlight of the day was without a doubt the lunch break - kinda like in school when lunch was your favorite subject.

The fun bathroom tear-out of yesterday is on hold while the plumbers do their thing. I had to get to some office work accomplished to move forward on the really cool project we're developing. So I really don't mind because the end goal will be so fun. But after a day like yesterday where I got to smash down a wall and jack hammer up a floor, a couple hours in a cool basement office were a tough adjustment.

The construction boy lunches present an interesting variety. There's a whole range from the healthy seaweed milkshakes to the 7-11 drive-by bucket of soda and hot dog. I tend to have meals similar to whatever I packed that morning for my kids: peanutbutter (I go ahead and leave my crusts on,) or ham & cheese sandwich. Some days I don't eat until I get in the car to leave. Some days I get to sit on the grass for a few minutes.

Today was a beautiful sunny day in the low 60's. I stole an hour with a friend who also needed an escape from the stress of her daily grind. I brought over some burritos and we climbed up on the roof of her house - just like I did as a teenager. We took in a little solar therapy and let our inner bitches have some air time together.

I hope you all have a friend like that. If you do, see if you can find a ladder and hit the roof. You won't regret it.

1 comment:

deb said...

Everyone needs one of those adventurous friends that can take you to higher places...different than you would have ever thought of.

A little sunburn on the nose is good for the complexion!

If you are looking at the sky, you don't see how high you might be and it's always easier with a good friend beside you.