Saturday, March 18, 2006

I'm losing the battle with my garden hose. I was trying what I thought would be a simple maneuver on my list of domestic duties today. Remember I said I had a faucet moved in the backyard? Well today I was going to move the hose from the defunct hook up to the new one. I need to counteract the water displacement in my hot tub.

For the first time ever I thought to myself, "I need channel locks." But they weren't enough.

Without pointing any fingers, let me just say a previous occupant of this house has connected hose pieces with unusual methods. So again, just like at work, there is this puzzle to solve. I have several hose attachments, but the problem I keep coming up against is that I have two male ends to hook together - kind of a brokeback hose dilemma.

I bought a few pieces this morning at the hardware store, but not the right ones. I may have to go back. It would be easier to work on if the wind weren't so cold. So I'm taking a break to blog and thaw, but now I'm off to screw with the hose again. Wish me luck!

* * * * *
I did it! Sometimes it helps to walk away and then come back to a puzzle. I know it works for me with Sodukos and crosswords. I just got my new utility knife and cut off the part I couldn't work with. Too bad I hadn't thought of that much earlier. My new connection doesn't even spray at the connections like the old one did. cool.

No comments: