Sunday, March 26, 2006

I finally figured out how to get a counter on my blog. It's way at the bottom. But now I feel more pressure not to skip a post because I can see how many people have clicked on my blog. So I'm sorry for skipping yesterday, but it has been a great and busy weekend. Construction Girls have fun weekends.

I went out dancing with a group of friends in the nearby big city and I noticed the bouncer at the door was discriminating between the men and women entering the club. You guys all know I don't want anyone to assume I can't do something because I'm a girl. Although special treatment can be an advantage at times, I can't stand discrimination. Anyway, when I got to the front of the line (finally,) I held open my jacket for the pat down the strapping young bouncer had been giving to every guy who entered the club. He nodded for me to go in without the pat down as I had observed him doing to all the women in line ahead of me. But I would have none of his pretentious chivalry. I insisted on equal treatment, although I think he frisked the guys a little quicker than he did me. He was probably just being thorough.

I was suspicious that he had not been as thorough with many of the men dancing there that evening. I decided to take it upon myself to double check his cursory frisking techniques. The whole club might have been at risk. Somebody had to do it, but I felt up to the task. Well, I didn't get to everybody, but I did my part. The random sampling I tested proved that he had done fine.

But maybe it was a fluke. I should probably go back to spot check his work on another night. Any of you girls want to come help me?

No comments: