Saturday, March 11, 2006

I’ve made a decision about my tattoo.

After my fantastic adventures with the pyle drivers on the beach, and after my trip to the internet café to post you all about my day, I decided to treat myself to a little shopping.

I usually come to this artsy beach town in the summer with my kids and some other friends. So this time, alone in the off season, I was able to linger in the shops with the breakable things. I even tried on some clothes in a little boutique that only sells black and white clothes. I decided to celebrate my day’s adventures by purchasing a pretty little black dress, which got me thinking about the tattoo.

I think I don’t want it on my arm after all. Maybe tucked up behind my shoulder. I just couldn’t visualize the party dress with the saw blade wrapped around my arm.

This is not a dilemma for construction boys since they don’t usually wear halter tops.

If all the shops were open, I’d get a henna tattoo as a test. darn. So I’m still debating the image, but have narrowed down the location.

* * * *
This morning I went down to the beach to try flying my fun new two-stringed kite. It’s a sunny Saturday morning and I thought I might also collect some shells from the great cache churned up by the construction site.

I saw my favorite pyle driver working by himself this morning servicing the equipment. He showed me how to oil the excavator. You just attach a hose to a nut and squeeze the pump.

What a vacation.

2 comments:

julie said...

hey, you will have to tell me how the kite flying went. Was it easier this time than last time? I am going to need lessons all over again by next summer....so, you have to get really good at it. Great memories! Love you.

Laura said...

hey construction girl....i have been reading your posts. took me awhile to post a comment. sounds like the construction thing is working out well for you. lots of interesting tools in this field. hmn. i am loving your take on working with "the guys" It IS great to be a girl!! Happy construction girl vacation to you!!!