Wednesday, March 08, 2006

In my former life, I spent a couple summers cleaning houses. After spending the day scouring and dusting, I would come home and be much more aware of the cleaning I needed to do at home. Now, I've grown accustomed to a certain level of chaos, especially now that I'm working more hours than I have in years.

But the same thing is happening as before. Now I come home and see all the house maintenance items on my growing list. I see windows and trim that need new caulk, hear toilets that need new flappers, see grout that needs replaced, walls that need spackle, driveways that need sealing. I know I just need to make a list and start crossing things off.

Although I am enjoying my time on the remodel sites and will continue working on those when I'm not working in the office, I am compiling a list of everyday maintenance items I need to learn to do. Hopefully soon I can begin more of my maintenance training with these smart & funny guys.

So what do you suggest I put on my list? What home maintenance jobs do you think you should be able to do yourselves, but you feel a little intimidated to start? I have no doubt that as long as the job requires any kind of tool that it will be fun to learn and fun to write about to you. Some of you I know are brave and capable handy men & women. I'm trying to get there too. I am an eager student and there is so much to learn.

No comments: