Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Much plumbing work is done in dark tight places. It takes a little flexibility to get your hands on some pipes. Once you get into position, you certainly don't want to be fumbling with the lights.

My co-worker, Stan, has solved the problem with a nifty ball cap that has two little "snake eye" lights in the bill. He was struggling with the connection up behind the sink. He let me take a look and explained what the problem was, and he let me use his nifty hat so I could see up there. I had never looked up there before. It was interesting.

When I got up, I let a good one slip by me before I realized the implications.

Still marveling at the engineering of the light hat, I actually said out loud,
"I bet it's more comfortable than those strap-ons."

There is just no safe territory in this jargon.

So, if you find that you need the lights on in those dark places where your pipes are hidden, you will be happy to know there is new merchandise available at the hardware store that is more comfortable than your old strap-ons.

1 comment:

AM Kingsfield said...

too much?