Tuesday, March 21, 2006

An important part of house maintenance is a service contract for your HVAC system. Even though it is the first day of spring, it got pretty cold last night. There was even some snow today. So you can imagine my frustration when I realized that my furnace wasn't working. By the time I woke up this morning, my house was a chilly 62 degrees.

Since I don't have anyone here to help heat me back up, and the space heater can only work so hard, I had to call my service contractor. They sent someone right over. It turns out my old igniter was cracked. Maybe it got too hot recently. But now I have a nice new igniter and can get as warm as I want to.

So if you don't have a service contract, you should get one. It is good to have someone to call when you need igniting.

No comments: