Sunday, August 13, 2006

Summer is coming to an end. I hope you had some time to get away from it all for a few days. If you didn't get to, I hope you can make some time for yourself in the fall. Even good things seem better when you come back to them after taking a break. Do you find that is true?

I had a great time catching up with friends I've known for over 20 years who have moved away. It was great to have them all here. If we weren't busy at the beach or sightseeing, we were sitting up with a blueberry martini or a glass of wine until way too late to blog. So humbly excuse my few skipped posts. I had a few drinks with old friends. I hope you got the chance to do the same.

But now I have all these fresh new experiences to set down on “paper.” (I don't think any of my blog has ever been on actual foldable paper.) I want to tell you about flying kites on the beach at moonrise, or the wonderful dilemmas that developed with eleven people in a beach house for a week. Aren't dilemmas the most fun to discuss on a blog anyway? I have another delicious summer drink recipe I learned from my Idaho friends. I had an interesting experience at the internet cafe at the beach.

Of course, I can't tell you about it all now. However, I now have a backlog of ideas to combat any future writer's block. I'm sure other things will happen before I can post it all.

It is so refreshing to be rejuvenated in my writing by taking a break from it to visit with old friends.

No comments: