Wednesday, August 09, 2006

“I’m trying to figure out what flavor my burp is,” seven year old Dawn explained on the porch to her mother who just scolded her for burping. Dawn is the daughter of my friend Peggy and the friend of my 8 year old daughter. Peggy & I had been enjoying a few quiet moments on my front porch when the little girls joined us. My daughter announced that she could taste corn now because she just had a bowl of Kix for a snack.

So we all tried to figure out our burp flavors. In a couple of burps, Dawn determined hers was taco meat. Peggy quickly identified Doritos. Mine was overpowered by beer – Modelos to be exact.

It was a lovely bonding moment watching moths divebomb the citronella candles in the early darkness of a summer night.

What flavor is your burp?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, man, mine would be coffee this minute and I feel a bit queasy...