Friday, August 25, 2006

I have a fun assignment for you this weekend: handwriting analysis. When I was at the beach this summer, I bought a card with handwriting analysis information on it. We tried it one evening back at the beach house and I felt it was fairly accurate. There are so many aspects to analyze. Since I can't display the samples, I'll just mention a few of the categories for your consideration. Write in and tell me if it seems to match who you are.

First, before you read more, sign your full name and write a sentence before you know anything to interfere with your natural handwriting. Or find something you already wrote. I have notes everywhere. Try the sentence with all the letters in it: “the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.”

Slant
If your handwriting is upright you are self-controlled, reserved, able, and even aloof.
A moderately leftward slant indicates you are a cautious introvert.
A strong leftward slants says you are antisocial, fearful, and defiant.
Slant your words moderately to the right and you are probably an extrovert that is sensitive and artistic.
Extremely rightward slanting shows a proclivity (isn't “proclivity” a great word?) toward psychotic, emotionally unstable behavior.

The “i” dot
Directly above – precise mind for detail
Slightly to the right – forward thinking
Slightly to the left – regressive and circumspect
As a dash- impatient, short-tempered
As a circle - deceptive, pedantic, vain
Up high – sensitive, good humored
Down low – practical realistic
Thick & heavy – passionate, sensual
As a vertical dash – narrow-minded, petty

Capital Letters
Joined to the next letter – confident, able to plan the future
Not joined to the next letter – spiritual, intuitive, inspirational
Embellished, elaborate – pretentious, vain
Straight lines, blocked - accurate, precise, ambitious

OK, that's enough for a glimpse. There are so many other components. If you have an unusual feature you can ask me and I'll look it up. It also tells about the significance of what you doodle. So if you always doodle the dame design, let meknow what it is.

My self-analysis shows that I am a sensitive, artistic extrovert (duh.) I am forward thinking and spiritual. I suppose if it revealed that I was psychotic, vain and short-tempered I wouldn't have told you.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

My slant on letters were somewhere between upright and slightly right slanted.
One "i" was dotted with a dash and one was high and to the right.
Capitals were attached.
This analysis shows I am "inconsistent"!
I know when I print, unless I pay close attention, I'll mix capital vowels with lower-case vowels, such as A with a, in the same word. Another inconsistency pattern, huh?
What is the analysis of looping size of letters like g's, q's and y's? Mine are usually rather large.

AM Kingsfield said...

I'm sure walking style means lots, but I don't have a card on that. It would be a fun variation on people-watching.

Loopy handwriting can indicate several things, depending, but from what you describe you're probably "dreamy" and "sensual," possibly "prone to exaggeration." Sound like you?

Unknown said...

Dreamy yes, as "in another world".
Sensual? I'd hate to speculate. Sorta.

Unknown said...

Oh, yeah. Exaggeration....that could be me occasionally...

Laura said...

For the most part, I print when I write. Straight up and down. My "i" is dotted directly above. Since I mostly print, my capital letters are not connected. I do find that occasionally I write cursive halfway through a word. That annoys me, so I am not sure why I haven't broken that habit.