Thursday, August 24, 2006

I picked up Peggy to go to the gym while the dads had our kids for dinner last night. We decided to run into Borders to pick up a book before working out so we didn't look all sweaty in the store. While I was looking, Peggy said she was getting a coffee. I ordered unsweetened iced tea. I have been eating pretty healthy lately. I was on a roll.

My reluctant reader requested the book. I'm happy if she's willing to read anything, so I jumped on buying it. When I found the books, I was a bit surprised by the style that intrigued my daughter: kind of an adolescent soap opera/Harlequin romance. I guess not that surprised really, but I wanted a closer look. So I found Peggy and asked her if she'd mind checking them out with me to see if they were appropriate. So we sat down and I realized Peggy had also bought two of those giant cookies. I had the chewy sugar cookie with white chocolate chips. It was probably made with a whole stick of butter and refined whie sugar and flour. It was fabulous. We sat there and checked out the books, yakked about the books we read in high school and ate those cookies.

Oh well. You can't diet all the time.
Kinda the opposite of going to the gym though.

1 comment:

AM Kingsfield said...

She picked up one and jumped right in, but didn't read anything this weekend. I'll see if I can create some better reading time soon.