Thursday, August 17, 2006

It's the most wonderful time of the year! Dontcha just love that commercial about buying school supplies?

The members of this household are eager for school to start. We have had enough of the idle time of summer. We are all getting on each other's nerves and our summer entertainment choices are beginning to bore.

My oldest will be in 8th grade and is looking forward to being superior. She has a fashionable new back pack and a new mirror for her locker. What more could she need?

My son is starting middle school. Since he's discovered girls this summer he is eager for the field of potential new romances. I am on alert about this, although he has been charming.

My youngest is happy to be the only member of our family in elementary school, although she has some concerns about not having her brother's protection on the school bus. She is obediently taking fashion advice from her older sister.

Should I be emphasizing academics more?

I have several projects that I am eager to devote regular time to this fall. This is the first school year I will officially NOT be doing any after-care or day care in years. I am the entire neighborhood's emergency back-up, which provides enough interruption. I am planning to Organize an Accomplish this fall.

Are you looking forward to the change of season?

No comments: