Sunday, July 16, 2006

What is your opinion of a man-purse? Is it liberated or goofy? I suppose if it were the only flaw, it is certainly a manageable one.

I've been thinking of the growing list of... (I don't know what to call them - "ex-boyfriend" is too much)... dates that didn't pan out into continuing relationships. I have a growing list of turn-offs. I guess I really didn't know so many quirks were out there. I know nobody's perfect. However, once I decide that the guy isn't "The One," I seem to find a bunch of little stuff that irritates me - like the man-purse.

On one date I had a guy presented me with a copy of a letter of reference from a local politician for an act of kindness performed almost twenty years earlier. Weird huh?

So when I was first single again, my sister and a couple friends and I composed a description of the ideal man that had three columns: Requirements, Preferences, & Deal-Breakers. The problem was that I kept having to shift the items around. And like I said earlier, I kept adding to the Deal-Breakers column.

I deleted the file because it wasn't helping, but I can't help thinking about it. What leaps to mind as your Requirements, Preferences, or Deal-Breakers?

1 comment:

AM Kingsfield said...

I'm with you on that. I have found that actual availability doesn't always match up with men I find attractive.
Hygiene is probably a requirement. Non-smoking is a preference, but a strong one. Mental stability is a must. Financial responsiblity has a range of acceptability.

Doesn't seem like too tough a list. I'm not sure how much energy I want to put into looking.