Wednesday, July 26, 2006

"Bye, Honey. Be evil!"
"Ok, Mom."
"and be evil loud!"

Not my usual parting conversation with my 12 year old daughter. She has landed the part of the evil stepmother in a summer theater production of Stephen Sondheim's "Into the Woods." She is delighted to be able to "brandish a knife."

What fun to play the villain with wild abandon, to be evil loudly, to make condescending faces and get praised for it. I'm a bit jealous.

When my daughter told her dad and his new wife about the part she landed, her step mother said, "Oh I have lots of good ideas for you!"

Pretty funny of her, huh? That's the first time she made me laugh. That's progress, isn't it?

2 comments:

Anne said...

What does that make you and me if your daughter is my daughter's mother (in the same cast)?

AM Kingsfield said...

I think we're out-laws.