Sunday, July 23, 2006

I finally have made some progress in my closet, although I am using this interruption to blog about it, so progress is on pause. My problem was multiple. First, I only have a sissy 7 volt drill. I couldn't justify the expense of buying one for myself since the point of me doing it myself was to save money. I'll put it on my Christmas list. Second, I have very hard studs in my closet. I tried screwing them without pre-drilling. That was a mistake. Third, up on this ladder, I just am having trouble getting enough pressure behind the drill to sink the screws. Also I need to add a longer level to my wish list of tools. I never had a tool wish list before.

There is just so much to learn about screwing. I have learned that shortcuts are actually extra steps that don't work. More power is useful. If the studs are really hard, you have to drill them before screwing.

Back to work. Hopefuly this is the last shift.

2 comments:

Laura said...

You have hard studs in your closet? Jeez!! Mine only came with shelves. I want to know who built YOUR house!!
Yes, screwing is hard to master, but practice makes perfect. ;-)

Unknown said...

Ha! I wish I had something funny to say, dammit!
about the wish list...the longer I live by myself the more tools I find would be handy to have. My uncle gave me his old cordless drill he forgot on his roof for 2 weeks, which still works great and its a good one. Since my little one quit, I have been wishing for one, plus a good set of screwdrivers and another pair of wire cutters. Easy and enexpensive to buy...I just haven't.