Wednesday, April 26, 2006

When's the last time you looked under your couch? It had obviously been a while in my house. My green reclining couch that I bought from a furniture truck parked one weekend by a Dunkin' Donuts has seen its last day at my house. The fabric has been like velcro for cat hair. One of the arms keep caving in, despite my best CG efforts to re-secure it. There's a hard wooden brace in the middle that isn't comfortable in any position.

Tomorrow, my lovely new couch arrives - brown leather. Hopefully no cat hair will cling to it. Although it won't recline, it will have a queen sleeper in it for my summer bonanza of out-of-town guests. I'm hoping this one is simply sturdier for my busy household.

Tonight I needed to haul the Incredible Hulk out. The Ex was kind enough to help me wrestle that monster out the door. So he was present when it was moved from it's spot, revealing quite a cache of unsavory objects. Fortunately there was nothing in the debris that I couldn't blame on the kids. I guess he already knows my housekeeping shortcomings.

Now I hate to just throw something away that has some life left in it or that might be useful to someone else, but try as I might, I couldn't give this one away. So my children are excited about the death of this couch. We are all going to work together to dismantle the thing. The kids are "calling" the tools they want to use. We are going to reduce it to a heap and put it out with Friday's trash.

Sometimes dismantling things can be fun. Other times it is just work. Are you dismantling anything?

No comments: