Sunday, April 09, 2006

This week is Spring Break so I'm doing some spring cleaning. I've finally decided to take on the garage. Since the garage became mine three years ago, I have never really claimed that space in the house. I have only heaped more stuff on the cluttered tool bench without organizing anything. There are cabinets out there that I have never opened.

Now I am finally feeling the need for the space. I am learning what more and more tools are for and what various little widgets and hoochies are for. Helping to clean out and organize the contracting van and trailer have helped me feel that I can tackle and then maintain this job. Plus now I need the area for working on various domestic projects instead of hiring so much of it out.

But before I can get to the part I really want to get to, the actual tool bench stuff, I've had to sort through the clutter that has accumulated on top of it. I really need to have a garage sale, but doesn't that sound like a lot of work? And then I'll still be stuck with some things. So I have to figure out how to get rid of the stuff that's still good, but unwanted or unnecessary.

It sure feels good to purge all this stuff though.

1 comment:

deb said...

When I want to get rid of my good stuff I take it to the local thrift store. Yard Sales are too much work. FlyLady suggests a "give away". On a nice day, put all the stuff in the front yard with a sign "Free to a good home!" Then you will be blessing someone else with things that have already finished blessing you!