Friday, April 21, 2006

I may be one of the only guys on the crew who finds the clean-up fun, at least when it involves throwing things into the dump truck. I did need a few pointers on flinging big stuff high enough to get over the edge. Rather than just doing it himself or assuming I am not strong enough, Don is great about giving me lifting, hauling, and flinging instructions. It is actually easier to fling scraps that are on the heavy side. The Styrofoam and cardboard seemed to hover a bit and the smaller pieces would land back at my feet, requiring a second pitch. The old glass windows were a little risky. If I missed, there could’ve been broken glass everywhere. I almost did – yikes! But once those were in, everything else I threw in made a lovely glass shattering sound. I suppose that if I did this for years, day in and day out, the charm of breaking windows could wear thin. But I’m still enjoying it. It sure beats a desk job.

Have you found that the heftier stuff is easier to get rid of? What little stuff keep falling out of your dumpster that you have to pick up and try to throw out again?

2 comments:

Mom said...

I would be
"Bootsie La Quarta."
Dad would be
"Duke Floral."

AM Kingsfield said...

If you are confused, Mom's comment is supposed to go with Saturday's post. Read ahead and it will make more sense.
We haven't got a clear winner here yet.