Saturday, April 22, 2006

Here's a silly post for my diehard weekend readers.

One of my favorite authors is Laurie Notaro. She's a journalist in Phoenix who writes off-color, realistic essays that just hit me right in my funny bone. Although I'm sure women would find her writing more appealing than men, anyone who just can't seem to get their shit together would be able to laugh with her. Her first book "The Idiot Girls Action Adventure Club," was published at a time when I needed a laugh and couldn't concentrate on anything serious. She has a website (http://www.idiotgirls.com/contents.html) that has a quiz to see if you are an Idiot Girl too. Here's a sample question

2. A frantic knock at your door at 2:30 am reveals a neighbor screaming that your backyard is on fire. You immediately:
a) Call 911.
b) Call her a drunk and slam the door.
c) Run to the backyard to try and fight the fire with the garden hose, completely unaware that you are not wearing pants.
d) Make a few phone calls to let your single girlfriends know that some firemen are coming over.

In I think her first book she talks about everyone having a "stripper name." Your stripper name is the name of one of your pets and a street you lived on. This can work for men and women.
My stripper name isn't the greatest: Brownie Kingsfield

So post your stripper names and lets see who has the best one.
And if you take the idiot girls quiz, let us know your score.
And if you're a guy and check out the quiz, let us know if she mentions someone like you in the quiz.

5 comments:

Laura said...

My stripper name would be Lizzie Union........that could be interesting I guess. OK, I am reaching here....

julie said...

Sunny Dinwiddie

deb said...

Sunshine Brightseat!

Anne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anne said...

Cuddles King