Thursday, April 27, 2006

Even Construction Girls get the blues.

What do you do with your feelings when you realize that something you were hoping for isn't going to work out as you had hoped? Like when a customer has ordered a big addition and the money runs out before completion. Or when you realize a relationship is doomed, or a career opportunity isn't panning out. What if it's even more minor, like your new couch isn't as comfy as the stinky saggy old one or a fun weekend get-away is cancelled. Or what if more than one of those things happens at once. Don't bummers usually come in threes?

I know life still goes on. None of those things are huge in the grand scheme of things. You just have to take a deep breathe and re-group, make new plans. My emotions tend to run in circles so that when things are running high, part of me is aware that it is temporary. I'll get back to the top again, but first I have to cycle down. Well, I'm on one of those down cycles. Maybe I can gather some momentum and swing around the bottom quickly. Something good will be around the corner. Right?

2 comments:

julie said...

Sometimes it is at those low moments that we find out things about ourself that we didn't know before. Or, we get to know something about God that we didn't know before. It is in those moments that we are shaped...I have felt it happen to myself and I have seen it happen to you.

Anne said...

If you don't have downs, then the ups aren't as special. If you don't have ups or downs, life is kinda flat and blah. Send the couch back and run naked in your back yard.