Sunday, April 23, 2006

My mom asked me what I was doing this afternoon. I told her I had set aside some time to see if I could fix my toilet. I have a kit for all the toilet innards. I have tried three different flappers and the ghost flushing continues. However, I explained to Mom, come to think of it, I hadn't noticed the ghost flushing so much in the last 24 hours. Maybe the rubber of the latest flapper just needed time to swell a bit in the water to get the proper seal and fill the hole, preventing the slow leak.
My mom snickered and said, "Sounds like a good topic for your next blog."

Looks like I'm turning my mother into Bootsie LaQuarta.

I tested the toilet with food dye in the tank to see if it is leaking into the bowl. It is. I mustof not been paying attention the last 24 hours. I guess I've got one last ditch effort before calling a plumber.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Did you use yellow coloring?