Thursday, April 06, 2006

I have new business cards that say "Construction Girl" on them with my blog address. I'm so excited! No more scribbling on cocktail napkins. I had planned on waiting until our corporation was formed and logo designed; however, that is taking longer than I can wait. I have been invited to attend a fancy luncheon next week and I didn't want to appear unprofessional. So the lovely young admin in the office, Brooke, volunteered to design some provisional cards for me. She obviously enjoyed the creative dimension to the task and came up with several options for me to consider.

The cards saved me a moment of embarrassment today too. I was trying to purchase some wine this afternoon on a lunch break with Michael for a little gathering I am planning for the weekend. I hadn't planned to stop in a store and didn't have my purse with my ID. (Construction Girls don't carry purses on the job.) I only had a credit card that says, "See ID" on the signature line. The cashier called over her manager who asked if I had anything else with my name on it on me. I had only my new business card which I proudly whipped out of my back pocket. I suppose I look enough like "Construction Girl" to pass the wine purchasing requirements. So thanks to Brooke's talent and creative efforts, I will have good wine at my party on Friday.

Construction Girls have excellent staff support.

****
On a side note, sorry about deleting the comment options on yesterday's blog. I couldn't figure out how to delete a new guy's comment without shutting down that day. I'll see if I can investigate blogger's features further. I'm sure most of you had witty responses that weren't libelous. Teasing is fine and fun. Friends of CG are not accusing anyone of criminal behavior though, maybe an OSHA violation here and there, but not anything jailable.

No comments: