Thursday, April 13, 2006

I was swinging from the cabinets today - something I was never encouraged to do before in my life. It was a kitchen tear out. The house itself was at least 50 years old, although the kitchen was "new," only about 25 years old. I was thinking we would unscrew the cabinets, but Stan showed me how I could just rip them out. He demostrated, ripping off a cabinet door and pounding out some side pieces.

So I tried. I grabbed the top of a cabinet door, almost like Stan who is taller than I am. I yanked like Stan showed me, but the door didn't rip off like it did for him. So I tried again. This time when I yanked down, I bent my knees, trying to throw all my weight into the pull. But it didn't work and that's how I came to be swinging from the cabinet doors. It was fun. I recommend trying it - but if your door breaks off, that's your responsibility. I had to get up on the counter with my pry bar.

Did anybody else do anything fun today - or yesterday? Those fun moments don't come by too often. When was your last moment like that and what did you get to do?

1 comment:

deb said...

I went to the park with my sister, who is also a mom. We got on the swings and we were kids again! That feeling of flying and freedom and youth is exhilarating!