Monday, February 26, 2007

I love being busy with new and exciting writing projects. I'll let you know about them as they are confirmed.

But is the following true for you?
As your career, or other section of your life heats up, your house falls apart.

My laundry and dishes are stacked. Clutter is breeding rapidly on all my horizontal surfaces. Phone calls aren't being returned promptly.

I still haven't begun my taxes.

I'm underexcersized and over caffeinated (still just on tea though.)

But I have trouble falling asleep because I'm planning my next project, which is great.

I think a clean house means you are bored. I also clean to procrastinate. Now I try to do one quick chore to break up my time at the computer, but obviously I'm not breaking often enough.

But I don't want to take a break. Usually the allure of a vacation, even a mini-getaway is tough to resist. I'll just take my breaks on blogger.

5 comments:

AM Kingsfield said...

too bad I don't have a good cleaning service!

just me said...

I finally found a new cleaning person - yes, a real "cleaning lady" like my mom used to have! She was here for the first time last week - she even washes, folds, and puts away the sheets! All for less than you-know-who charges.

Anne said...

Who? Voldemort?

just me said...

the cleaning "service" I used to have (using the term loosely)

Unknown said...

Nothing but old age is heating up for me. I don't have any energy anymore to keep things spotless. And my mother lives 200 miles away so it's easy to let things go...

Wondering what that next big project is...