Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I am a woman with power.
But most of this town doesn't have it due to the ice storm. So we are having a classic snow slumber party complete with three grandparents, an aunt & uncle, nephew, & a couple more friends. Thank goodness I have an compressor for the air matresses. We are having a strange dinner menu of what was in various 'fridges.
We have been sipping hot chocolate, chai tea, and hot cider while peeling wet snow gear on and off. By the fire tonight I will be switching from tea to something stronger.

5 comments:

julie said...

Somehow you always have power...even when you think that you don't.

Tracy said...

Sounds like fun! Enjoy being "iced" in.

just me said...

it's so nice to live in a neighborhood with underground wires!

Unknown said...

You get an idea of what went on in MO a few weeks back. Aren't you glad you stocked up?
Hope everyone gets power soon, for your sake! And that was "sake", not saki. (was that a groan I heard?)

Lolita's Momma said...

My hero!