Saturday, February 24, 2007

I have a Girl Scout Cookie hangover.

On Friday I helped in the CSCookie Warehouse. Our town has a sweet tooth that has apparently been underserved. I assisted in taking delivery for at least a dozen troops in my hometown.

Probably 100 adults gathered to unload four tractor trailers, big ones, full of Thin Mints, Trefoils, Samoas, Do-si-dos, and a whole new younger cast of delicious cookies. We made the assembly line to unload and stacked and restacked those cases. We got a complete workout: shoulders, biceps, forearms, and torso – especially the back, even quads & glutes with all the boxes stacked on the floor. I am reminded of the workout with almost every move I make today.

I know there were people who worked harder or longer than I did, and some of them spent the next day, today, day at Girls Scout Thinking Day, so I don’t mean to be a whiner. I imagine some of you have a bigger GSHangover than I.



Does anyone want to guess which cookie was the heaviest by the case? If you know the cookies, I bet you can guess. (answer in comments)

3 comments:

AM Kingsfield said...

Thin Mints.
Think about how they are packed: more cookies, less plastic.
I was glad when we got the last of those off the truck!

Anne said...

Dernit, I was going to guess that, but you had the answer here already. The Trefoils would be a close second. (I guess I've been a cookie mom too many times before...)

just me said...

i guess i can expect my delivery soon - love those thin mints, even if they are heavy :)