Tuesday, February 13, 2007

All forms of worship are acceptable to the Snow Goddess. Although tonight’s freezing rain and sleet are making for hazardous driving conditions, my children are doing various rituals to summon more snow. Their worship is fervent. It could get bad out there.

My 6th grade son was demonstrating his Snow Dance to his sister and me. He explained how his totally cool science teacher, Mr. M, demonstrated the dance’s ancient techniques. The teacher then asked the class if any students wanted to demonstrate the Dance for the class. My son and one other brave young woman took the front of the room. The teacher was so impressed with their demonstration that he awarded each dancer a Moon Pie. My son said the Moon Pie was Delicious Marshmallow Heaven.

Do you think the Snow Goddess will reward his sincerity?

Sledding on a sheet of ice can be so much fun.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hi AM,
Please tell your son that his snow dance must have been pretty powerful...it helped my children all the way over here in Ohio. And, they also said to tell him Thanks for two snow days in a row!!! LOL