Wednesday, November 29, 2006


We had fun up in the mountains over Thanksgiving – well mostly. My oldest looked good around the campfire, but was not thrilled with the lack of shower and hot tap water. The really dark night was also a bit creepy for her, but it did make for great star gazing.

Shortly after roasting the marshmallows, my youngest & I even saw a shooting star. We were unprepared for authentic s'mores, but found the toasted sugar puffs were tasty between two chocolate chip cookies. I've heard s'mores are good with peanut butter, but I haven't tried it yet. How do you make s'mores?


My son enjoyed his first real hunting trip, although this picture is about as close as he actually got to the guns. The hunting party we joined had “a buck hanging” when we arrived and he marveled at the butchering of it. My son only saw a couple of does, which were not considered fair game. It was fun to watch him soak up the experience.

We drove ATV's up to the top of the mountain. The view was spectacular. The weather was perfect. I even drove the nicest ATV, I called it a hillbilly Harley, up to the top. So fun!

3 comments:

Mary Kate said...

don't let Lucy know he went hunting... she'd be VERY upset!

Laura said...

WOW! Awesome view!

Lolita's Momma said...

As my late husband would say "beautootimous!"