Thursday, November 16, 2006

Talk about mixed messages.

Most often when I part company with my mother, especially if I am going somewhere unusal or with someone, my mom says,
"Don't do anything I wouldn't approve of!"
or
Be good."
She says this in a singsong kind of teasing way - especially when she knows I might be up to mischief.

Well, you'll never believe what she encouraged me to do today.

I assisted in the installation of a grab bar in her tub/shower. So Buck & I were in there, using all those tools. Can you imagine the double-entendres that are just way too easy? I'm not even writing them down.

So now when she says, "Don't do anything I wouldn't approve of," she has really lowered the "bar" for me!

I love you Mom!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Another sign of getting old is saying something and haveing everyone laugh at a meaning I hadn't even thought of - or saying something and then completly forgetting what it was I said. I am a souce of amusement for my family.

What I am really saying when I tell you not to do anything I wouldn't approve of, is that you are mine and I love you. Please be careful. Don't do anything that could bring you sorrow or pain. You are very precious.

AM Kingsfield said...

And when I tease you back I'm saying I love you too!