Friday, November 03, 2006


I've had pizza on the brain recently due to this press release I wrote for Ledo's Restaurant. I've been at the restaurant, watching the Oprah episode, going to viewing parties, and watching the stat counter on the press release and their website jump off the hook. It has been so fun, even if a little fattening. Last night my last thoughts falling asleep were “smoked provolone.”

So today at the deli, I was intrigued when the woman ahead of me ordered a hunk of smoked provolone. I live in such a friendly town. I just asked her, “Excuse me, but could you tell me what prompted you to order smoked provolone today?” She happily explained that she's a fan of the cooking channels and Oprah and she had just seen this thing on Oprah. I was delighted! We talked about Ledo's and how I was given the opportunity to write a local press release for it. The guy working the deli gave her a sample of the cheese which she share with me. I ended up ordering some too. I think those guys at Ledo's are onto something. It has just been fun to be part of the buzz.

What are your favorite toppings? Favorite cheeses for homemade pizza?

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I don't watch Oprah much anymore.. (no time and most topics I can't watch with kids) but I did catch the Ledo's episode and I thought of you.

Pretty cool!

AM Kingsfield said...

:-)